Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship (domestic students)
This scholarship is awarded to talented students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement during their Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB).
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
100% fee remission and $17,500 - $32,500
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
Guaranteed to all eligible students
What are the benefits?
- HECS Student Contribution exemption for the full duration of a Commonwealth Supported Place in
- an undergraduate degree,
- a concurrent diploma, and
- up to 25 credit points of single subject enrolments
- Living allowance for up to three years with a value of:
- $5,000 per year for students who studied in Victoria
- $10,000 per year for students who studied outside Victoria
The duration of the allowance will be extended by one year if you enrol in a bachelor (extended) course and/or a concurrent diploma at the same time as your bachelors degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2,500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
- Guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the professional master degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the master degree
Accommodation Close to Campus
If you live in rural or regional Victoria or outside Victoria, then you are eligible for priority placement in the Melbourne Accommodation Program. To support your transition to Melbourne, the University can accommodate you in one of our residential halls or partner-provided facilities close to the Parkville Campus. The offer does not include the cost of the accommodation. Places are limited so apply early to avoid disappointment.
To register and for more details, refer to University Accommodation.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.