Melbourne Engineering & IT - Indigenous Research Scholarship
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology welcomes Indigenous Australians to complete a Higher Degree (PhD or Master) by Research at the University of Melbourne. This scholarship includes; 100% fee-offset, a stipend top-up of 75% taking the total yearly living allowance to ~$54,600 (tax-exempt for full-time study), a $10,000 yearly travel & professional development allowance and a relocation grant.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
100% fee remission and up to $234,000
Applicable study areas
Computing and Information; Engineering
Number of scholarships awarded
At least 2
What are the benefits?
This scholarship includes;
- 100% Fee-offset.
- 75% Stipend top-up ~ $54,600 annual Stipend (Living allowance), pro-rata, (2020 full-time study rate), (paid fortnightly), (tax-exempt for full-time study), indexed annually for up to;
- 2.0 years full-time (4.0 years part-time) - Master by Research degree.
- 3.5 years full-time (7.0 years part-time) - PhD (Doctoral degree).
- $10,000 Travel & professional development allowance, per year (pro-rata).
- $2,000 Relocation grant for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Full leave entitlements, including paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
Prospective students may also be eligible now and in the future for an array of other awards including the:
- ABSTUDY - Masters by Coursework Award + Allowances (inc 100% Fee-waiver)
- Melbourne Engineering & IT - Indigenous Masters Scholarship
- Melbourne Indigenous Merit Scholarship
To find out more about Engineering & IT at Melbourne, visit the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, our Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master of Philosophy course pages that include links to the research project database and/or reach out to our Indigenous Engineering & IT Unit.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.