Commonwealth Scholarship Commission: Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries)
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan is one of the largest and most prestigious international scholarship schemes in the world. The "Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries)" support full-time doctoral study and are co-funded by the UK Department for Education in conjunction with UK universities to support world class research.
1 Jun 2023
1 Sep 2023
How to apply
Tuition fee exemption
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
100% fee remission and at least $75,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
Each scholarship provides:
- A stipend of £1,347 - £1,652 per month
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed)
- Approved tuition fees
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork)
Further information is available at the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries) website.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.