Exceptional Talent Scholarship
This scholarship supports exceptional students in mathematics and statistics enrolled in the Bachelor of Science and intending to major in Mathematics and Statistics.
7 Nov 2022
16 Jan 2023
Australian / domestic student
Applicable study areas
Sciences and mathematics
Number of scholarships awarded
Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, and have completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia, or
- be an Australian citizen and have completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate outside Australia.
- have applied for a University of Melbourne undergraduate course via VTAC for commencement in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate
- not have previously undertaken tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a Year 12 program).
- satisfy the prerequisites for a University of Melbourne Bachelor of Science and intend to major in Mathematics and Statistics.
- not be a recipient of a Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
Throughout their studies, students need to ensure eligibility to complete the major in Mathematics and Statistics.
Students satisfying the eligibility criteria should submit evidence of their mathematical ability and talent together with a cover letter and school results to the School of Mathematics and Statistics before the nominated deadline.
This can include:
- Evidence of having been awarded a Medal in the International Mathematics Olympiad
- Evidence of performing outstandingly in the University of Melbourne School Mathematics Competition
- Letter of reference of a school mathematics coordinator
- University of Melbourne Extension Program results
Applications will be considered by the Head of School, the Director of Undergraduate Teaching and the Senior Outreach Fellow at the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Melbourne.
Applications should be submitted to Senior Outreach Fellow Dr Susan James and the Outreach team: email@example.com
When will I know the outcome?
The announcement of scholarship awards will be made in December after the Victorian Year 12 ATAR results are released. A scholarship offer does not represent an offer for admission to a University of Melbourne Bachelor degree. Course offers are made separately through VTAC.
What are the benefits?
HECS Student Contribution reimbursement for the monetary equivalent of a MAST coded subject for each subject students enrol in. This is valued up to the standard full-time major in Mathematics and Statistics for the full duration of a Commonwealth Supported Place in the Bachelor of Science.
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.