George Fairfax Memorial Award
This scholarship, worth up to $25,000, provides Theatre or Production alumni with the opportunity to enhance their professional careers in the theatre industry at a critical time in their careers. This scholarship is open for application biennially (even years).
28 Mar 2022
30 May 2022
Australian / domestic student
$10,000 - $25,000
Applicable study areas
Performing and visual arts, theatre, film and television
Number of scholarships awarded
Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be alumni of an undergraduate or graduate course in Theatre or Production from the Faculty of Fine Art and Music
- be graduated within 10 years of the start of current year.
It is expected the award will be split between two or more recipients, however, this is at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Eligible applicants will be assessed on:
- talent and achievement in performing arts, as demonstrated by industry engagement and recognition (reviews, awards and nominations, selection of work by festivals) and /or academic merit (tertiary results)
- career aspirations (addressed through questions in the application process)
- travel and/or study plan (outlining teacher/masterclass/tertiary intentions)
- detailed budget requirements; letters of support; etc)
- likely success in completing the proposed course of study / benefitting from the travel plan (addressed through questions in the application process).
The Selection Committee may request shortlisted applicants to attend a brief interview. The Dean, on the recommendation of the graduate committee, will approve the recipient/s, and all applicants will be advised via email of the outcome.
Apply online via the link below (link is visible only during the application open phase).
When will I know the outcome?
Applicants can expect an outcome four weeks after the scholarships closing date.
What are the benefits?
A single payment of up to $15,000.
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.