The Hansen Scholarship is the flagship scholarship program of the University of Melbourne. From 2020, it will pave the way for students who may otherwise struggle to access a high-quality university education. Recipients will be awarded accommodation, an allowance, and significant financial and personal support.
1 Feb 2019
30 Mar 2019
How to apply
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
$84,000 - $108,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
- accommodation for 48 weeks each year at Little Hall in Lincoln Square South, including mentoring, pastoral care, and enrichment programs, worth approximately $20,000 per annum
- an allowance of $4,000 per year
- full fee remission if you hold an Australian temporary protection visa and would otherwise have to pay international student fees;
- a one-time grant of up to $4,000 to support an approved activity such as an international exchange, an international subject, an internship or a voluntary vacation role
- a tailored program of mentoring and support exclusively offered to Hansen scholars
- priority access to graduate accommodation at Little Hall should you wish to pursue graduate studies at Melbourne
- the opportunity to apply for up to $10,000 for a short-term activity or up to $20,000 for further study in the year after your Bachelor degree
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.