The Hansen Scholarship is the flagship scholarship program of the University of Melbourne. From 2020, it will pave the way for students who may otherwise struggle to access a high-quality university education. Recipients will be awarded accommodation, an allowance, and significant financial and personal support.
1 Mar 2019
30 Mar 2019
How to apply
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
$84,000 - $108,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
- a standard room for 48 weeks each year, free of charge, for the standard full-time duration of the Bachelor degree course at a new hall of residence, Little Hall in Lincoln Square South
- an allowance of $4,000 per year for the standard full-time duration of the Bachelor degree course towards the cost of general living expenses
- full fee remission if the Hansen Scholar is the holder of an Australian temporary protection visa and would otherwise have to pay international student fees
- a one-time grant of up to $4,000 to support an approved activity for the Scholar’s development such as an international exchange, an international subject, an internship or voluntary vacation role;
- access to a mentoring program, pastoral care, and enrichment programs available to all students at Little Hall as well as a tailored program of mentoring and support exclusively for the Hansen Scholars;
- priority access to graduate accommodation at Little Hall should the Hansen Scholar wish to pursue graduate studies at Melbourne after completing their Bachelor degree course; and
- next steps funding to enable them to take up a further opportunity in the year after they finish the Bachelor degree course (up to $10,000 for a short-term activity or up to $20,000 for further study)
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.