The Hansen Scholarship is a flagship scholarship program at The University of Melbourne. From 2020, The Hansen Scholarship will be awarded to talented undergraduate students whose financial circumstances present a challenge to accessing a first-class education. Recipients will be awarded accommodation, an allowance, and financial and personal support.
7 Feb 2022
14 Mar 2022
How to apply
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
up to $108,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
- a standard room for 52 weeks each year, at no charge, for the standard full-time, three year undergraduate degree at Little Hall residence in Lincoln Square South;
- an allowance of $4000 per year for general living expenses for the standard full-time duration of the undergraduate degree;
- full fee remission for asylum seekers who would otherwise have to pay international fees;
- a one-time grant of up to $4000 to support an approved activity for the Scholar’s development such as an international exchange, an international subject, an internship or similar role;
- access to a mentoring program, pastoral care, and development programs available to all students at Little Hall as well as a tailored program of mentoring and support exclusively for Hansen Scholars;
- priority access to graduate accommodation at Little Hall should the Hansen Scholar wish to pursue graduate studies at Melbourne after completing their undergraduate degree; and
- next steps funding after completion of the scholar's undergraduate degree (competitive process to apply for up to $20,000 for a career-related activity)
- students who meet the requirements for the Melbourne Chancellor's Scholarship will receive the Melbourne Chancellor's Scholarship Guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the professional master degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the master degree.
Be sure to check out the Hansen Scholarship program page for answers to FAQs, information about the program patron, and current Hansen Scholar profiles.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.