Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships
The Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships are provided by the Australian Government and offered to Indigenous students who are enrolling in an undergraduate or graduate coursework course.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
$8,000 - $28,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
The Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (ICECS) scholarship provides:
- An allowance of $3,000 per year for four years for recent school leavers,
- An allowance of $7,000 per year for four years for non-school leavers, or
- A one-off allowance of $1,000 for graduate students
The Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) provides:
- An allowance of $2,000 per year for four years for students who will relocate to Melbourne from within Victoria
- An allowance of $4,000 per year for four years for student who will relocate to Melbourne from outside Victoria
The scholarships can be held concurrently with other scholarships.
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.