Indigenous Student Success Grant (Undergraduate)
The Student Success Grant is offered to Indigenous students to assist with the cost of activities designed to complement studies or essential supplies needed to undertake studies successfully.
1 Jan 2023
Last day for applications
31 Oct 2023
Last day for applications
This is the last day on which applications will be accepted. Though conditions vary, we recommend submission by 5pm AEST to avoid disappointment.
Australian / domestic student
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and be accepted as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which you live, or formerly lived
- have provided proof or confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage to Murrup Barak. See: Confirmation of Identity.
- be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne
- have not received an Indigenous Student Success Grant previously, in the year of application
- have incurred or due to incur study related expenses, including:
- purchase essential study supplies (e.g. textbooks, stationery, laptop, course software, equipment etc.)
- attend conferences and/or workshops to complement studies
The grant will not cover expenses that are not study related, including: holidays, repayment of bills or debts including credit cards or loan debts, purchasing vehicles, housing bonds, rent or residential college fees, fines or penalties, clothing or apparel, or medical expenses.
This grant is offered to all eligible candidates
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree and not on a leave of absence to receive payment.
- If you withdraw your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status , the scholarship will be withdrawn.
When will I know the outcome?
All applicants will be notified of the outcome 3-6 weeks after submission
What are the benefits?
The grant provides a once off payment of $1,000
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.