Melbourne Climate Action Scholarship
The Melbourne Climate Action Scholarship is offered to students from Pacific Small Island Developing States who intend to pursue a University of Melbourne graduate coursework or research degree in the fields that address the effects of climate change in the Pacific. The scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne as part of a joint initiative with the University of Cambridge, University of Toronto, University of Montreal, and McMaster University which received the endorsement from HRH Prince of Wales, a life-long supporter of sustainable causes and climate-change action.
1 Jul 2022
31 Oct 2022
How to apply
Full benefit details
$120,000 - $210,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
- Full fee offset (fee remission) for the duration of the course.
- Living allowance of $33,000 per year (2023 full-time rate) for the duration of the course or 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave for students undertaking a research degree. The allowance is paid in quarterly instalments for students enrolling in a coursework degree and as a fortnightly stipend for students enrolling in a research degree.
- Relocation allowance of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
- At the University's discretion, funding for an approved English language test pre-arrival, and/or pre-course English language training in Australia, for candidates with conditional course offers.
- Flights between Melbourne and the home country, at the beginning and end of the scholarship period (single economy class airfare, via the most direct and economical route).
- Compulsory pre-departure briefing, and five-week Introductory Academic Program on arrival.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.