Melbourne Research Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to high-achieving domestic and international research students.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
Australian / domestic student
100% fee remission and up to $110,000
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
What are the benefits?
Melbourne Research Scholarship (Fee Offset)
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
Melbourne Research Scholarship (Stipend)
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.*
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
* Domestic research students will receive an offer for a Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee offset) together with their course offer.
Melbourne Research Scholarship (Stipend and Fee offset)
Combined benefits of Stipend and Fee Offset scholarships
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.