Madge O'Shanassy Bursary
This bursary was established with a donation from Madge O'Shanassy and is offered to students in financial need.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Australian / domestic student
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled at the University of Melbourne
- provide evidence of financial need
Eligible students are selected on the basis of financial need.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student in a course at the University of Melbourne. You may be eligible to receive this scholarship while enrolled as a part-time student.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to the following year.
- You must provide a brief report on the benefits of the scholarship and give permission for the University to provide the report, your name and course details to the donor.
If you have submitted an application for the Student Grants you will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
When will I know the outcome?
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email in April.
Variations of this award
About the donor
Read more about Madge O'Shanassy
Madge O'Shanassy bequeathed a sum to the University of Melbourne to pay such student or students in necessitous circumstances for the advancement of their education at tertiary level.
What are the benefits?
The scholarship provides a one-off allowance of approximately $1,100 (exact amount determined when award is offered).
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.