Melbourne Campus Fair Jewish Women's Scholarship
This scholarship was established with a donation from Sophie Davis and the Campus Fair Committee and is offered to students in financial need and in their final year of study.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Australian / domestic student
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled in your final year of study at the University of Melbourne
- provide evidence of financial need
Eligible students are selected on the basis of financial need.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student in a course at the University of Melbourne. You may be eligible to receive this scholarship while enrolled as a part-time student.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to the following year.
- You must provide a brief report on the benefits of the scholarship and give permission for the University to provide the report, your name and course details to the donor.
If you have submitted an application for the Student Grants you will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
When will I know the outcome?
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email in April.
Variations of this award
About the donor
Sophie Davis and the Campus Fair Committee
Read more about Sophie Davis and the Campus Fair Committee
On 7 December 1958 a campus fair was conducted 'to promote Scholarships at the Melbourne University and at the Hebrew University.' Sophie Davis, on behalf of the committee that organised and conducted the campus fair ('campus fair committee'), donated a part of the proceeds of the campus fair to the University of Melbourne to establish a scholarship. The scholarship, to be called the 'Melbourne Campus Fair Jewish Women's Scholarship', is offered to students in their final year of study and in financial need.
What are the benefits?
The scholarship provides a one-off allowance of approximately $450 (exact amount determined when award is offered).
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners' websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.